Digital Strategy (part of LBA)
This session is part of The Cardiff LBA (Leadership in Business Administration). You can choose to book this session only, or attend the whole programme (at a cost benefit).
This session focuses on digital strategy.
About the Cardiff LBA
The programme is designed to fit around your work and home commitments as it is delivered in one-day sessions across 12 months. You'll find that the sessions are very practical and enjoyable - you'll be able to take ideas back to your organisation and apply them straight away.
You can choose to study just individual sessions or attend the full Cardiff LBA. However, all the topics have been selected in order to give you the broad spectrum of expertise needed to hold senior leadership positions. Find out more about the full LBA programme.
Your trainer will be Stephen Thomas.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This session is designed for people with responsibility for digital marketing who wish to increase their knowledge of creating a robust and effective digital strategy for their business.
The Cardiff LBA programme is suitable for those who wish to learn in short sessions, held once a month over a year - and who do not require accreditation or assessment.
What you’ll learn
Companies often find that their digital marketing efforts do not achieve the expected outcomes. This can be caused by a variety of reasons, however it can be because digital marketing tools are used reactively in an attempt to solve short term problems and not as a part of a structured marketing plan
This workshop is designed to give an introduction to the skills and knowledge needed to develop a digital strategy which will deliver effective outcomes for your business.
At the end of the session delegates will:
- have knowledge of how to create a digital plan
- know how to use digital tools and techniques to deliver outcomes
- an overview of how to integrate online and offline communications.
- Understanding the external digital environment.
- Assessing organisational capability and capacity to deliver a digital strategy
- Target effectively by understanding your customers online behaviours
- Positioning your organisation to maximise online potential
- How to utilise a digitally focused SWOT analysis to create goals
- Develop SMART objectives
- A brief introduction to tactics
- A detailed examination of the digital tools available
Action and control
- An introduction to digital sales funnels and how to use tactics to effectively deliver objectives
- Ensuring success by measuring the right thing
Active participation in the programme is required from participants and the completion of project work is essential.
- Cardiff Business School is 6th in the UK for research excellence - the Cardiff LBA gives you the opportunity to meet and work with our excellent academic faculty, on a range of different topics, and in an enjoyable and thought-provoking way.
- Whether you've already got the learning bug, or it's been a while since you've been to University (or even if you've never studied before) you'll find that working with Cardiff Business School will ignite a passion for new ideas and new thinking.
- This is a very flexible programme, designed to fit in around existing work and home commitments. Choose to attend all sessions or just the ones that most interest you.
- Teaching will be wholly applicable to the workplace, so that, following a session, you will be able to begin practically applying your learning straight away.
- Conversations within the programme are connected to real-world problems that participants are currently facing within the workplace, and those that you will likely face in the future.
- Teaching examples are provided from a range of different sectors, in order to illustrate key learning points.
- A Certificate of Attendance for Executive Education at Cardiff Business School will be awarded subject to the completion of all of the education elements of the programme and Senior Management review of associated project work within the organisation.