Developing a Communication Strategy
Developing a strategy for both internal and external communications is vital in ensuring your key messages are reaching your key audiences, stakeholders and customers.
This 1-day course covers the complete process of building a comprehensive communication strategy, from core concepts to development methodologies.
Your trainer will be Eryl Jones.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
Those with some responsibility for either internal and/or external communications. No prior knowledge is needed.
What you’ll learn
- What is communication, how do we communicate and its role within a management structure
- How to maximise benefit from all areas of communication within your organisation, ensuring that they are directed at the right markets and stakeholders via a range of media
- A step-by-step process to planning a strategy, defining goals and objectives, and presenting your strategy in a clear and practical framework
- Organisational communications strategy, internal and external communications strategy and campaign strategy
- The planning processes
- Identifying who your audiences are and how best to engage with them
- Development and implementation of a successful communications strategy
- Evaluate and measure its success
- The communications toolkit
- Case studies
- Analyse, map and prioritise your stakeholders
- Select the most effective communication channels
- Recognise the importance of internal and external communication and the different audiences you need to reach
- Develop key messages for your markets and stakeholders
- Define the communication goals and objectives
- A step-by-step toolkit and framework to create a clear, concise, integrated communication strategy