Business Writing Skills
This 1-day course will help participants communicate more clearly and confidently in all business-related writing they produce, from simple emails to full-scale reports
By getting it right first time and avoiding time-consuming re-writes, participants will become more efficient and more productive. And by writing in plain English, businesses and organisations can ensure their written communications are more transparent and inclusive and read by more people.
Your trainer will be Simon Newsam.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
Anyone who uses the written word in their work and wants to improve the quality, impact and efficiency of their writing.
What you’ll learn
- How to write in plain English
- Learn to avoid the common mistakes in punctuation and grammar
- How to write for people of different reading abilities
- Learn to influence readers with persuasive writing techniques
- The power that great presentation can bring to your work
- The importance of understanding who you are writing for
- Why plain English is essential
- Simple and fun lessons to help you use grammar and punctuation properly
- How to avoid the common pitfalls of English
- Writing style and readability
- Planning and structuring reports
- Writing emails and writing for the web
- Proof reading
- Write in a way that presents a professional image of you and your company
- Learn to write more effectively and influentially
- Learn to write specialist copy for email and the web
- By writing more efficiently, you will become more productive
- Make your written communications more transparent and inclusive