AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner training course
Delivering projects using an Agile approach requires different ways of thinking and different ways of working for the Project Manager and all those involved.
This 5-day course offers a complete and practical understanding of the AgilePM® approach and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
This course is an accredited programme, and is taught entirely taught face to face, although there is some pre-course study required (around 10 hours) and there will be homework set each evening of the course.
Your trainer will be Aspire Europe (a partner of Cardiff University).
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This course is ideal for any staff managing or involved in the delivery of a project that is to be delivered using an Agile approach, for example:
- Project or Business Sponsors
- Project Managers and their teams
- Business Change Managers
- Technical team members involved in solution design, development and testing
- Programme and Project office staff
- Business Analysts.
Other course options
We currently offer two blended eLearning courses (in PRINCE2® and MSP®) for those who would like to gain a qualification but who prefer to learn flexibly, with a 2-day exam workshop at the end of the programme
If you would like to learn about project management but do not require a qualification, you may be interested in our 2-day project management course
- Agile overview
- Philosophy, principles and project variables
- Roles and responsibilities
- The Agile lifecycle
- Key practices
- Planning and control
- Other practices
- Effective use of the products
- Deliver on time - combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, teams and interactions
- Requirements and user stories
- Estimating - how and when
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the approach
- Foundation and Practitioner exams
- Understanding of the roles involved in successfully delivering an Agile project.
- Understanding the sequencing of activities in an Agile project.
- Understanding and practiced use of appropriate tools and techniques for Agile projects.
- Understanding of effective control measures in Agile projects.
- Obtain Foundation and Practitioner examination qualifications.
- One year’s free membership of the Agile Business Consortium for successful candidates.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are normally 9:00-17:00. There are 4 days of teaching, with an examination on the final day. This is an intense courses involving a recommended 10 hours of pre-course work as well as evening study during the week of the course.
We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.
Previous experience of a project management environment. All pre-course work/reading must be completed prior to the course start date.
Benefits of studying with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us.
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office.
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience.
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates.
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project and programme management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.
All AgilePM® courses are offered by Aspire Europe Ltd an Accredited Training Organisation of The APMG Group Ltd.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved.