Advanced Copywriting live online course
This tutor-led live online course is adapted from our popular advanced copywriting face-to-face course and is designed for those with marketing and copywriting skills who want to take their writing to the next level.
We have worked with the tutor to create a two-day (two half days) workshop to help you hone your conceptual copywriting skills and learn new techniques to increase creativity, structure your copy and banish writer’s block.
Your trainer will be Rowan Dent.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by completing the form below.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
Anyone with significant marketing and communications experience who wants to continue learning and improving.
What you’ll learn
Over the two half days, we aim for you to:
- learn new techniques to increase creativity and banish writer’s block
- discover techniques and platforms for audience research
- understand and use different structures such as the inverted pyramid and AIDA
- become a master in writing a great brief
- learn the seven-stage technique to keep readers engaged
- hone your skills
- feel inspired to keep learning.
The course covers the same topics as our original face-to-face course, however. we have restructured it to suit the online format. On Day 1 we will focus on discussion of topics, and laying the groundwork for Day 2, where you will spend time discussing and workshopping your own copy.
Day 1 (half day):
- Introduction and ice-breaker
- Creativity exercises for copywriters
- Get to know your audience – techniques and platforms for audience research
- Developing the ‘hook’ – structures and approaches to finding the right angle for your copy
- How to write a killer brief
- Homework – write a brief for an upcoming project.
Day 2 (half day):
- Homework discussion and warm-up
- Seven-stage technique to writing great copy
- Discuss and workshop pieces
- Solve that problem – this will cover either techniques to improve sub-heads or editing and proofreading
- Set your own goals for future learning.
This course is entirely virtual and very practical, so you will benefit from both tutor-led sessions and interactive exercises for each topic. Active discussion is encouraged, and you’ll have the opportunity to workshop and develop your own copy.
The course is split into two (half) days, and we have reduced the number of participants to a maximum of 12, in order to ensure that you receive the best possible learning experience.
By the end of this course you will:
- gain confidence in developing and structuring conceptual copy
- level up your creativity
- cut waffle and banish writer’s block
- network and learn from other professionals.
How to choose the right course for you
- Do you have significant marketing and communications experience but need to increase your flair and versatility?
- Do you want to think and write in a more conceptual way?
- Do you want to learn how to write – and respond to – a killer brief?
- Could you benefit from learning approaches to brainstorming and developing concepts?
- Are you keen to understand more how words and images can work together?
If you answer 'yes' to any of these questions, this Advanced Copywriting course can help you.
Teaching and useful information
The virtual workshop is expected to run from 09:30 to 13:00 on both days. We will confirm timings, provide learning materials, and other information (such as login details) in the two weeks leading up to your course.
Please note that the virtual workshop consists of two half days.
You will not need any equipment except for a computer with good internet connection and a camera function, and the ability to sign into Zoom.