Operations Management (part of LBA)
This session is part of The Cardiff LBA (Leadership in Business Administration). You can choose to book this session only, or attend the whole programme (at a cost benefit).
This session focuses on operations management.
About the Cardiff LBA
The programme is designed to fit around your work and home commitments as it is delivered in one-day sessions across 12 months. You'll find that the sessions are very practical and enjoyable - you'll be able to take ideas back to your organisation and apply them straight away.
You can choose to study just individual sessions or attend the full Cardiff LBA. However, all the topics have been selected in order to give you the broad spectrum of expertise needed to hold senior leadership positions. Find out more about the full LBA programme.
Your trainer will be Maneesh Kumar.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This programme has been designed to meet the needs of experienced middle managers looking for ways to develop their understanding and knowledge of business to further their career.
The Cardiff LBA programme is suitable for those who wish to learn in short sessions, held once a month over a year - and who do not require accreditation or assessment.
What you’ll learn
This session focuses on Operations Management and will enhance your understanding of areas such as Lean, efficiency vs effectiveness, and problem solving.
The session includes:
- Appreciation of key operations management techniques
- Utilisation of visualisation techniques as an aid to problem solving
- Continuous Improvement Tools application and how to embed
- Understanding the challenges inherent in the management of operations.
Active participation in the programme is required from participants and the completion of project work is essential.
- Basic operations model
- The 4 Vs of operations
- Efficiency vs effectiveness
- Operations performance objectives
- What is Lean?
- Sustainable Lean
- The systematic approach
- Process activity map
- Basic tools of continuous improvement
- Seven basic tools of quality by Ishikawa
- Cardiff Business School is 6th in the UK for research excellence - the Cardiff LBA gives you the opportunity to meet and work with our excellent academic faculty, on a range of different topics, and in an enjoyable and thought-provoking way.
- Whether you've already got the learning bug, or it's been a while since you've been to University (or even if you've never studied before) you'll find that working with Cardiff Business School will ignite a passion for new ideas and new thinking.
- This is a very flexible programme, designed to fit in around existing work and home commitments. Choose to attend all sessions or just the ones that most interest you.
- Teaching will be wholly applicable to the workplace, so that, following a session, you will be able to begin practically applying your learning straight away.
- Conversations within the programme are connected to real-world problems that participants are currently facing within the workplace, and those that you will likely face in the future.
- Teaching examples are provided from a range of different sectors, in order to illustrate key learning points.
- A Certificate of Attendance for Executive Education at Cardiff Business School will be awarded subject to the completion of all of the education elements of the programme and Senior Management review of associated project work within the organisation.