E-learning Team Leader
I am the School of Social Sciences eLearning Team Leader responsible for:
- Team and line management, including:
- Recruitment and selection
- Objective setting and performance review
- Coaching and mentoring
- Metrics management
- Management of programmes and projects in support of teaching and learning, including:
- Managing delivery of a programme of masters-level online distance education courses
- Digital education initiatives
- Staff development and change initiatives
- Education development, including:
- Learning and instructional design
- Digital education
- Educational content design
- Education technology management
- July 2013 - Feb 2014: Career break and personal development
- Sep 2006 - July 2013: Learning Technology and Web Manager, School of Applied Community and Health Studies, University of Bristol
- Oct 2004 - Sep 2006: Web Developer, Centre for Deaf Studies, University of Bristol
- Oct 2001 - Sep 2004: eLearning Developer, Computeach Group
- Aug 2000 - Sep 2001: Multimedia Developer, School of Psychology, Cardiff University
- PgCert Learning Technologies
- BSc Media Technology
- MSP: Certified Programme Management Practitioner (2017)
- PRINCE2: Certified Project Management Practitioner (2016)
- AgilePM (DSDM): Certified Project Management Practitioner (2015)
- SCRUM: Certified ScrumMaster (2012)
- Welsh: WJEC Entry Level Certificate in Welsh Second Language: The Use of Welsh
- British Sign Language (BSL): Intermediate, Signature level 1
Blog and website articles
- Christopher John - Reflections on an ABC Learning Design Workshop. Cardiff University Learning Technology blog.
- Christopher John, Geraint Evans and Sarah Puzey - School of Social Sciences Online Essentials: Bespoke digital and information literacy support. Cardiff University Learning Hub.
- Christopher John - Improving the Learning Central experience for Welsh language users and providing access to online learning materials without internet access. Cardiff University Learning Hub.
- Christopher John - What’s under the bonnet of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – HTML5 video capture that’s what. Cardiff University Learning Technology blog.
- Christopher John - Experiential eLearning tracking – Tin Can API explained. Cardiff University Learning Technology blog.
- Christopher John - Accessing LearningCentral (Blackboard) content offline using an Application Cache. Cardiff University Learning Technology blog.
- QA level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid At Work (RQF)
Honours and awards
- 2018: Outstanding contribution award, Cardiff University
- 2017: Excellence in Support of Teaching and Research award, Cardiff University
- 2015: Outstanding contribution award, Cardiff University
- 2008: Outstanding achievement in eLearning award, University of Bristol
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Association for Project Management (APM)
- Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
- Scrum Alliance
Committees and reviewing
- SOCSI Teaching and Learning Committee
- SOCSI Student Engagement and Inclusion Committee