Dr Allison Wylde FRGS FHEA PhD (London) MA DIC (Imperial) BSc Hons.
- Tutor with Cardiff University Business School, Marketing and Strategy
- Reseach Associate with the Airbus Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Analytics at Cardiff University
Dr Wylde also teaches and supervises students at the Cyber Security Centre at Warwick Manufacturing Group, WMG, at Warwick University, previously she was with Loughborough University
Honours and awards
In 2012 Dr Wylde was awarded Lord Imbert prize for contributions to security
- Fellow, Royal Geographical Society
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Member, British Standards Institute (Cabinet Office) Technical Committee, Societal Security Management SSM/01
- Member, International Commission, ASIS International Commission on Standards and Guidelines
- Member, Royal United Services Institute (RUSI)
MBA International Business
MBA Dissertation and Live Project supervision
Supervised Ms Akshita Rangnekar winner of the 2019, DSV-Panalpina, PARC Award for the best dissertation business project between DSV-Panalpina and the Logistics and Operations Management section of Cardiff Business School.
The PARC Award is offered to graduates who have demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking throughout their business projects- Akshita’s project focused on identifying opportunities related to the introduction of 5G with a focus on the field of installations services.
- Human and organisational decision-making in cyber security, perceptions of trust, risk and vulnerability
- Security standards, guidelines and governance, technical committee member BSI Societal Security SSM01
- Member of the formation committee for the UK Cyber Security Council, work stream 7, code of ethics for the cyber security profession
Salisbury, L., and Wylde, A. (2020). Butterfly collections: what if collecting indicators of compromise (IoCs) won’t protect you from cyber-attacks? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/butterfly-collections-what-collecting-indicators-iocs-salisbury/
- Wylde, A. (2020). Reconsidering Resilience, in, The Digital Age, Cyber Space, and Social Media, edited by Syed M. Khasru. Institute for Policy, Advocacy and Governance, IAPG. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kAoob3VoLYKAPURClPrYEIjLmqtKgmzR/view
- Publications in the pipeline includes papers on trust and vulnerability, developed from peer-review conference presentations at the European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- Most recent funded project, independent audit of user-experience (UX) of an application (App) for resilient communities with London First