Having worked as a lecturer in Japanese language and culture in Cardiff University and previously worked as an electronics buyer, I combine my language, cultural and business skills currently in the area of international management.
A main part of my activity relates to student exchange, where I have a strong interest in motivations for students to, or not to, travel abroad.
I was formerly Director of International Student Exchange; I established new opportunities for students to study abroad, and set up many new exchange partnerships. In that role I also held the following responsibilities:
- Chair of Exchange student Examining Board
- Co-chair of returning students examining board
- Member of Cardiff University Collaborative Provision sub-committee
- Academic advisor for incoming and outgoing exchange students
- Business School liaison with School of Modern Languages
- Japanese Language Teaching
- Study Abroad as part of the curriculum
- Cross-cultural Management
- International Business Environment
- Academic Study Skills
- Motivations for and Benefits of studying abroad - or not
- "Flip the Familiar"
- Grade conversion
- Virtual Exchange
- Global Citizenship