FHEA Chartered MCIPD
Lecturer in Human Resource Management, Admissions Tutor - Undergraduate Business Management Programmes
Rachel Williams is a Human Resources professional and experienced lecturer.
Before joining Cardiff Business School she held HR roles in the public and private sector and was Head of Human Resources for Eversheds in Cardiff for 6 years .
Rachel joined Cardiff Business School in 2007 as a lecturer with additional responsibility for obtaining CIPD accreditation for the School's MSc HRM programme. The School's full-time and part-time MSc HRM programmes are now accredited at level 7 by the CIPD and she is the lead for all CIPD activities.
Rachel is Admissions Tutor for the Schools BSc Business Management degrees.
Rachel is a Fellow of the HEA and a Chartered Member of the CIPD. She currently teaches on Executive MBA, MBA and MSc HRM programmes and regularly delivers Executive Education programmes.
- MSc HRM
- Postgraduate Certificate in University Teaching and Learning
- PG Dip HRM
- BSc (Tech) Occupational Psychology
- Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Chartered Member Chartered Institute Personnel and Development
- Management of Human Resources, MSc HRM
- Human Resource Management, MBA full-time
- Human Resource Management, Executive MBA
- Supervision of MSc, MBA and Executive MBA business projects
- Executive Education modules in HRM
- Lead for CIPD accreditation and activities within Cardiff Business School
- Admissions Tutor for BSc Business Management degrees
Williams, R. (2016) Five things you need to know on your first day of school – as a teacher. The Conversation 30/8/16
Whitfield, K. Williams, R and Sengupta, S. ‘You take the high road’…. Analysing the ethical dimensions of high performance work systems in O’Sullivan, P., Smith, M. and Esposito, M. (2012) Business Ethics. Routledge.
Williams, R. (2018) ‘How teachers learn to survive in the classroom - socialisation of newly qualified teachers in secondary school.’ MEO section research conference, Cardiff, 18/6/18
Williams, R. (2017) ‘From student to expert; the experiences of newly qualified professionals in their first jobs’ British Academy of Management conference, Warwick, 6/9/17
Williams, R. (2015) ‘Teachers’ experiences of induction processes in Wales’ WISERD conference, Cardiff, 1/7/15