Professor Dirk Lindebaum
Professor in Management and Organisation
Dirk Lindebaum joined Cardiff Business School in March 2016 as a Professor in Organisation & Management. He obtained his PhD from Manchester Business School (MBS) in Organisational Psychology. Previously, he held a visiting professorship at Hanken School of Economics (Finland), and was a Reader at the University of Liverpool Management School. Between 2008 and 2010, he was a postdoctoral fellow at MBS. Before entering academia, he also completed an apprenticeship as a carpenter.
Although trained in Organisational Psychology, his interest in better understanding organisational phenomena involving emotional processes and consequences draws also on sociological approaches of late, especially in terms of advocating normative theories. This has also bearings on his critiques on the use of neuroscientific theories and methods in the study of organisational behaviour.
- PhD in Organisational Psychology (Manchester Business School, 2008)
- MSc Construction Project Management (London South Bank University, 2004)
- Dipl. Ing. (FH) Civil Engineering (University of Applied Science Muenster (Germany), 2002)
- Australian Journal of Management (from 2012)
- Human Relations (from 2013)
- Journal of Management Studies (from 2012)
- Journal of Organizational Behaviour (from 2014)
- Organization Studies (from 2014)
I have also guest-edited (or am in the process of) 3 special issues (in Human Relations, Journal of Business Ethics, and Journal of Organizational Behaviour).
Please see here for all details:
Primary research interests
- Emotions at work
- Power and deviance
- Moral emotions and moral / social order
- Theoretical, empirical, and ethical challenges of organizational neurosciences