Dr Carolyn Strong
Reader in Marketing and Strategy
Dr. Carolyn Strong is a Reader in Marketing at Cardiff Business School where she teaches ethical and social issues in marketing. She is BSc Business Management Programme Director. Dr Strong received her Ph.D from the University of Wales. She has published in Journal of Business Research, Marketing Letters, European Journal of Marketing and Journal of Advertising, among others. She is the Editor of the Journal of Strategic Marketing.
- PhD University of Wales 2000
- MBA University of Wales 1992
- MA Marketing, Bristol Polytechnic 1990
- BA Home Economics, Liverpool Polytechnic 1988
Honours and awards
Cardiff University Outstanding Contribution Award 2019
Cardiff University Outstanding Contribution Award 2017
Cardiff University Outstanding Contribution Award 2015
University of Bath Outstanding Contribution Award 2011
British Academy of Management
Academy of Marketing
- 2019 - present Reader in Marketing, Cardiff University
- 2017 - 2019 Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Cardiff University
- 2014- 2017 Lecturer in Marketing, Cardiff University
- 2007 - 2014 Senior Lecturer in Marketing, University of Bath
- 1994 - 2007 Lecturer in Marketing, Cardiff University
- 1991 - 1994 Lecturer in Marketing, Polytechnic of Wales (University of South Wales)
ERASMUS funded teaching and research exhange, Faculdade de Economia da Universidade do Porto, April 2018 and 2019.
Greg Lavery (Rype Office) and Carolyn Strong, How the Circular Economy can help universities save money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and avoid waste. EAUC Manchester June 2019.
Invited keynote speaker, Teaching Brand Ethics and Meet the Editor session at the 10th International Research Meeting in Business and Management, Nice July 2019.
Visiting Fellow American Unviersity of Sharjah, UAE, Novmeber 2019
Committees and reviewing
Editor - Journal of Strategic Marketing
Chair and academic lead - Cardiff Business School Estates Strategy Committee
- BSc Business Management Programme Director
- BSc Business Management – Year 2 Marketing and Society
- PhD and post graduate dissertation supervisor
Current Reseach interests
- Social Enterprise
- Marketing in the community
- Public value
Strong, C and B. Martin et al (forthcoming 2019) Why do Consumers research their Ancestry? Do self uncertainty and the need for closure influence consumer's involvement in ancestral products? Journal of Business Research
Martin, B, and C Strong, 2017. The trustworthy brand: effects of conclusion explicitness and persuasion awareness on consumer judgments, Marketing Letters, 1-13.
Strong, C. and B. Martin, 2014. Effects of perspective taking and entitlement on consumers . Journal of Business Research 67 (9), 1817-1823.
Strong, C. and R. Bayliss, L. McGiven, 2017. Communication Apprehension in the large lecture teaching environment: An Information Technology Intervention. ABS Learning and Teaching Experience Conference.