Dr Bailin Deng
I am a lecturer in the School of Computer Science and Informatics, and a member of the Visual Computing Research Group. I work on digital design tools and shape optimization techniques that facilitate manufacturing, with applications such as freeform architectural design and digital fabrication.
More information can be found on my personal webpage.
Education and qualifications
- 2011: Dr.techn. in Technical Mathematics, Vienna University of Technology
- 2008: MSc in Computer Science, Tsinghua University
- 2005: BEng in Computer Software, Tsinghua University
- 2017-present: Lecturer, Cardiff University
- 2015-2017: Lecturer, School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Hull
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Researcher, Computer Graphics and Geometry Laboratory, EPFL
- Member of ACM, IEEE, Eurographics, and Asia Graphics.