Lecturer in Management Science, The PARC Assistant Professor of Manufacturing and Logistics
Thanos holds an MEng in Mechanical Engineering (incl MSc in Industrial Management) from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, an MSc in Business Analysis and Management (hons) from Loughborough University, and a PhD in operations management from the Management Science Laboratory of Athens University of Business and Economics.
Prior to his current role, he has worked with the ASTUTE project(s), and a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) co-funded by the EPSRC, Innovate UK, and the company partner. Both projects won the Cardiff University Innovation and Impact award in the Business Innovation category (in 2015 and 2019 respectively).
Thanos' research interests revolve around forecasting and inventory control with a focus on the 'circlular economy', particularly in the remanufacturing context, (forward and) reverse supply chains, judgemental intervention, simulation and optimisation.
- MSc in Business Analysis and Management (hons) from Loughborough University
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering (incl MSc in Industrial Management) from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Primary research interests
- Statistical and judgemental sales/demand forecasting and management
- Statistical inventory control and inventory management
- Intermittent demand and spare parts management
- Model selection and Optimisation
- Decision Support Systems
Secondary research interests
- Forward and reverse Supply Chains
- the Circular Economy