Research Associate (EPSRC, Innovate UK, QIOPTIQ Ltd.)
Thanos is a Research Associate in the Logistics and Operations Management Section at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University.
Thanos holds an MEng in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, an MSc in Business Analysis and Management (hons) from Loughborough University, and is a current doctoral candidate in the area of Operational Research in the Management Science Laboratory of Athens University of Business and Economics. Prior to his current role, he has been involved with the ASTUTE and ASTUTE 2020 projects at Cardiff Business School.
Thanos' research interests revolve around forecasting and inventory control, particularly in the remanufacturing context, (forward and) reverse supply chains, judgemental intervention, and optimisation. Thanos is currently working with QIOPTIQ Ltd., a Welsh remanufacturer and contractor to the Ministry of Defence, under a Knowledge Transfer Partnership co-funded by the EPSRC, Innovate UK, and the company, under the supervision of Professors Aris Syntetos and Mohamed Naim.
- MSc in Business Analysis and Management (hons) from Loughborough University
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Primary research interests
- Statistical and judgemental sales/demand forecasting and management
- Statistical inventory control and inventory management
- Intermittent demand and spare parts management
- Model selection and Optimisation
- Decision Support Systems
Secondary research interests
- Forward and reverse Supply Chains
- the Circular Economy