Dr Dayna Mason
Royal Society of Chemistry Education Coordinator, Wales
RSC Education: www.rsc.org/education
Chemistry teaching resources: www.rsc.org/resources
RSC Regional Coordinators
The RSC are introducing nine Regional Coordinators nationwide, in partnership with universities and other higher education providers. Dayna is the Regional Coordinator for Wales and is based here in the School of Chemistry.
The aims of the Regional Coordinators are to:
- Support and promote RSC education activities
- Coordinate and enhance regional education provision
- Collaborate with and generate networks of key stakeholders
The role involves:
- Working with teachers - highlighting the support that's freely available through the RSC
- Visiting Higher Education Institutes - to support chemistry departments and outreach activities
- Working with RSC member networks, including local sections and divisions, on various education projects
- Working with industry, other organisations and institutes to promote chemistry education
Dayna is an Aussie with a background in science communication and a PhD in platinum chemistry (for more detail, see http://uk.linkedin.com/in/daynamason). Her relocation to Cardiff means she's lived in four National capitals and she's looking forward to exploring the countryside while meeting everyone involved in chemical sciences in Wales.
If you would like any support or advice on ways to engage students with the chemical sciences, please do get in touch.