I have worked in Social Care practice and training and Management Development for about 25 years.
- Residentially with adolescents and mental health
- Rehabilitation day care in family centres and youth work
- Field work in intake and assessment, children and families and adoption and fostering
- Community work and action
- Chairing child protection conference and looked after children review for a number of local authorities
- My most recent practice experience was to set up first FGC service in South Wales.
- I chair the university BAME+ Staff Network
- I am a member of BASW Cymru Commitee
- I am External Examiner at Manchester Metropolitan University
I teach on the MA in Social Work, across a range of modules, such as:
- Year 1
- Social Work with Children, Young People and Families
- Social Work Practice
- Year 2
- Working with Individuals, Famiies, Groups and Communities
- Social Work Theory
- Family Group Conferencing
Sept 2003 - Sept 2005 - The Development of an all-Wales Evaluation Tool for Family Group Conferences (with Sally Holland and Amanda Robinson), Tros Gynnal, £11,000.