Dr Giandomenico Di Domenico
- S28, Aberconway Building, Colum Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
Giandomenico Di Domenico is a Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy at Cardiff Business School. Before joining Cardiff Business School, he has been conducting his doctoral studies at the University of Portsmouth (2019-2022).
His research interests revolve around the dark side of social media, particularly the characteristics and spreading dynamics of misinformation through these channels. He focuses on how misinformation impacts brands and consumer behaviour. In addition, he is also interested in studying innovative participative pricing mechanisms.
He has published in internationally recognised journals such as Journal of Business Research, Psychology & Marketing, and the Journal of Public Policy & Marketing. He is a member of the Board of the journal Psychology & Marketing as Social Media Editor. Giandomenico has taught various courses in marketing, from Digital Marketing, to Social Media Marketing, to International Marketing.
- The dynamics of misinformation online
- The consequences of misinformation for consumers and brands
- The use of social media for Influencer Marketing practices
- Affiliate marketing and affiliate misbehaviour
- Participative pricing mechanisms