- University Dental Hospital, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XY
Bacterial resistance to antibiotic therapy causes >700,000 deaths annually, identifying the clear need for alternative and complementary approaches to combat infection. The focus of my research is to explore the feasibility of engineering novel nanomedicines to support the clinical demand for new antibiotics against multi-drug resistant Gram-negative bacterial infections. I am currently investigating natural and semi-synthetic compounds as novel anti-biofilm therapeutics for a range of wound healing and anti-infective applications.
- 2020-present: Postdoctoral Research Associate.
Investigating of epoxytiglianes as novel anti-biofilm therapeutics for a range of wound healing and anti-infective applications. Cardiff University School of Dentistry, UK.
- 2019-2020: Postdoctoral Research Associate.
Novel alginate oligomer products for enhanced pharmaceutical delivery across mucosal barrier. Cardiff University School of Dentistry, UK.
Education and Qualifications
- 2015-2019: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). ''The design and assembly of tailored oligosaccharides as polymer therapeutics for improved treatment of chronic respiratory disease''. Cardiff University School of Dentistry, UK.
- 2010-2014: BSc in Pharmacology (First Class Honours). ''Identification of novel G protein-coupled receptor targets in pulmonary arterial hypertension''. University of Aberdeen, UK.
- Cardiff Institute for Tissue Engineering & Repair (CITER)