Dr Denitsa Dineva
Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy
- C12, Aberconway Building, Colum Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
Denitsa Dineva is a Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy at Cardiff Business School. Denitsa joined Cardiff University in January 2020, having previously worked in Edinburgh Napier University as a Lecturer in Marketing.
Denitsa has a degree in Business and Management, an MSc in Marketing and a PhD in Digital Marketing. Denitsa is also currently an Associate Fellow of Advance HE.
Denitsa is an Early Career Academic interested in the dark side of social media. Specifically, she investigates consumer aggression, conflict management and social media-based online communities. Denitsa has published in the Journal of Marketing Management and Strategic Change and has acted as an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Business Research, the Journal of Service Management, The Information Society and Routledge.
- PhD in Business and Management (Digital Marketing), Aberystwyth University
- MSc in Marketing, Aberystwyth University
- BSc in Business and Management, Aberystwyth University
Honours and awards
- 3 Minute Thesis First Prize, Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth, 2018
- Best paper in track award, Academy of Marketing Conference, Newcastle, 2016
- Member of the Academy of Marketing
- Associate Fellow of the Advance HE
- January 2019 - January 2020: Lecturer in Marketing, Edinburgh Napier University
- January 2016 - May 2019 - PhD Candidate and Part-time Tutor in Marketing, Aberystwyth University
Denitsa is currently co-teaching on the following modules with Dr Rebecca Mardon:
- BS3012 Digital Marketing
- BST240 Digital Marketing
Denitsa is the module coordinator for the following modules:
- BST547 Digital Media Management
Please email Denitsa for an appointment.
- Brand bullying
- Consumer aggression (i.e. online conflict)
- Conflict management
- Social media management
- Non-profit and ethical marketing