Dr Daniel Zabek
Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow
- Room W1.35, Queen's Buildings - West Building, 5 The Parade, Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 3AA
Dr Daniel Zabek is a material scientist and a Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow (2019 - 2024) working on the next generation of functional and smart materials and fluids, which includes:
- Ferromagnetic and ferroelectric phenomena in solids and liquids;
- Thermal-, pyroelectric- and dielectric properties of polymers, ceramics and composites;
- Two-phase energy systems (solid-liquid-vapour); and
- Waste heat recovery and thermal energy harvesting.
- 2016, PhD, University of Bath, United Kingdom.
- 2012, MSc with Distinction, Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom.
- 2011, BSc, University Duisburg-Essen, Germany.