Dr Daniel Zabek
Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow
Call for papers: 'Micro and Nano-Structured Energy Harvesters and Thermal Generators'
Dr Daniel Zabek is a material scientist and a Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow (2019 - 2024) working on the next generation of functional and smart materials and fluids, which includes:
- Ferromagnetic and ferroelectric phenomena in solids and liquids;
- Thermal-, pyroelectric- and dielectric properties of polymers, ceramics and composites;
- Two-phase energy systems (solid-liquid-vapour); and
- Waste heat recovery and energy harvesting.
Daniel is a member of the Magnetics and Materials Research Group at Cardiff University.
- 2016, PhD, University of Bath, United Kingdom.
- 2012, MSc with Distinction, Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom.
- 2011, BSc, University Duisburg-Essen, Germany.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET).
- Associate Member of the EPSRC Peer Review College.
- Commitee Member of the UK Magnetics Society.
I am interested in supervising PhD/MSc and final year projects in the following areas:
- Ferromagnetic Ferrofluids for Medical and Thermal Applications.
- Piezoelectric Composite Structures for Vibration Energy Harvesting.
- Pyroelectric Materials for Waste Heat Recovery and Thermal Energy Harvesting.
Please get in touch by email if you would like to discuss a research proposal.