- Queen's Buildings, 5 The Parade, Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 3AA
- Available for postgraduate supervision
NEWS (04/2020): I have a funded PhD position for explainable AI and cyber security.
Dr.Tingting Li is currently a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Cyber Security at Cardiff University. Her research interests primarily lie in AI for cyber security, knowledge representation and reasoning.
Prior to joining Cardiff, she was a PostDoctoral Research Associate at the Institute for Security Science &Technology, Imperial College London. She obtained her PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Bath. She also received her MSc degree in Computing (Imperial College London) and her Bachelor degree in Information Security (Xidian University, China).
Please visit her Personal Page for more details.
- Lecturer, Cardiff University, 2019 -
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Imperial College London, 2014 - 2019
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, University of Bath
- MSc in Computing, Imperial College London
- BSc in Information Security, Xidian University, China
- Module Lead, CM6125/CM6625 Database Systems, Spring Semester, 2019 - 2020
My research interests are Artificial Intelligence and its applications in Cyber Security. The research goals I have been pursuing are to develop AI techniques and adapt them to provide an intelligent defence to protect critical industrial control systems(ICS), cyber-physical systems and IoT systems from cyber attacks. In order to achieve that, I have applied traditional AI techniques to implement smart risk assessment and optimal network hardening, as well as using the latest deep learning techniques to realise fast and accurate intrusion detection and AI-enhanced stealthy attacks.
For the list of my publication, please visit my Google Scholar page.
NEWS (04/2020): I have a funded PhD position for explainable AI and cyber security. Drop me an email if you are interested!
In general, I am interested in supervising students in the areas of:
- AI for Cyber Security
- Explanable AI for Cyber Security
- Cyber Security for Industrial Control Systems and other critical infrastructure.
- Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber Security
- Multi-agent systems
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning