- C/2.14A, Queen's Buildings, 5 The Parade, Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 3AA
I'm a Chartered Engineer with over 15 years' commercial experience in software and systems engineering. Alongside my part-time teaching responsibilities at Cardiff University, I'm a software technology consultant.
I've served as a director of three tech startups, designing the architecture and infrastructure for these platforms from the ground up, recruiting and leading the engineering teams, and helping to raise finance.
I love turning new ideas into reality and supporting teams to grow.
- 2019-date: Teaching associate (part-time), Cardiff University
- 2012-date: Software consultant, Solviq
- 2007-2012: Principal systems engineer, General Dynamics UK
- 2004-2007: Fast track graduate engineer, BAE Systems
- 2015-2019: TrackMyMove (Properr Software Ltd)
- 2015-2016: Delio Ltd
- 2015: Musiqli (Musiqroom Ltd)
- 2012-date: Solviq Ltd
- Chartered Engineer, Institution of Engineering and Technology
- 2014: Accelerate Cambridge, Cambridge Judge Business School
- 2011: CMI Level 7, Leadership, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- 2007: Certificate, Management, University of Lancaster
- 2004: BA(Hons) MEng, Engineering, University of Cambridge
I am a part-time Teaching Associate in the School of Computer Science and Informatics, where I support courses in:
- BSc/MSci Computer Science
- BSc Applied Software Engineering (at the National Software Academy)
- MSc Computing and IT Management
As an entrepreneur and software practitioner with over 15 years' commercial experience, I am particularly interested in the employability of computer science graduates, and in helping students develop the right balance of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Areas of expertise
No results were found