Jorge Julian Moreno Rubio
Marie Curie Researcher
I am an EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow in the School of Engineering. My 2-years research project PABLO focuses on high frequency power amplifier design and behavioural modelling.
Most of my research publications are related to power amplifiers. They focus on obtaining outstanding performances, especially in terms of fractional bandwidth, central frequency and output power. Overall, I have published around 30 peer-reviewed scientific papers.
I also have experience in teaching activities. During the last 5 years, I participated as lecturer in several courses in the Master of Engineering Programme of the Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia.
In February 2019, I joined Cardiff University as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow with the project PABLO. This project comprises behavioural modelling of high frequency transistors and design tecniques of efficient power amplifiers for emergent telecommunication systems applications.
From 2007 to 2019, I have been lecturer and researcher at the Universidad Pedagogica y Tecnologica de Colombia. I have been with the Electronics Department of this university.
I obtained my PhD degree at Politecnico di Torino in Italy, in 2012. I worked on power amplifier design and characterisation.
I obtained my Master degree in Electronic Engineering at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia, with the project: “Design and implementation of microwave amplifiers and oscillators”.
I graduated in Electronic Engineering from Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia.
Honours and awards
- 2008: International doctoral studies grant: Department of Science, Technology and Innovation of Colombia (COLCIENCIAS).
- 2016: Recognized by his efforts and scientific production: Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia.
- 2019: Individual Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship: European Commission.
I mainly work on RF/Microwave circuits for Wireless Applications. My present research interests concern the design of 5G high-efficiency power amplifiers both hybrid and monolithic microwave integrated circuits, and transistor's behavioural modelling.
- PABLO: It means: Power Amplifier design through BehaviouraL mOdelling. This project is funded by the European Commission in the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship scheme.
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the areas of:
- High frequency power amplifiers design.
No results were found