I am currently a Research Associate in Cardiff University. My research is supported by the EPSRC grant QUEST: Quantitative Estimates in Spectral Theory and Their Complexity (see https://cardiffquest.wordpress.com/ ).
I am generally interested in the spectral theory of non-selfadjoint operators. And the approximation of spectra. Past projects involved pseudospectra of non-normal Schrödinger Operators and more general resolvent norm estimates of partial Differential operators. For more information, see my personal website.
We will be organising the conference Small Scales and Homogenisation (SmaSH) at Cardiff University, 24-26 June 2019.
Education and Degrees
- 2018-present: Research Associate, School of Mathematics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
- 2014-2018: PhD Mathematics, Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Durham University, Durham, UK.
Topic: Spectral Theory of non-selfadjoint Schrödinger Operators and Homogenisation of PDEs in perforated domains.
- 2011-2014: MSc Physics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
Thesis, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Heidelberg, Germany.
Topic: Surface Operators in Chern-Simons Theory
- 2008–2011: BSc Physics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
Thesis, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Heidelberg, Germany. Topic: Distributions and Wave-Front Set
- Oct. 2019: Seminar Talk, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.
- Jun. 2019: Oral Presentation, Meeting of the GAMM activity group "Applied Operator Theory"
- Nov. 2018: Seminar Talk, Imperial College London, UK.
- Nov. 2018: Seminar Talk, Cambridge University, UK.
- Jun. 2018: Seminar Talk, TU Dresden, Germany.
- Mar. 2018: Oral presentation, GAMM annual meeting, Munich, Germany.
- Jan. 2018: Seminar Talk, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
- Nov. 2017: Seminar Talk, University of Bath, UK.
- Sep. 2017: Oral presentation, ASPECT17, Trier, Germany.
- Aug. 2017: Poster presentation, Modern Trends in Structure Forming Systems, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jun. 2017: Oral presentation, Mathematical aspects of the physics with non-self-adjoint operators, Marseille, France.
- Jun. 2016:Poster presentation, 4th Scottish Partial Differential Equations Colloquium, Dundee, UK.
- Oct. 2015: Seminar Talk, University of Nottingham, UK.
- Oct. 2015: Oral presentation, Young Researchers Workshop on Spectral Theory, Bern, Switzerland.
- May, 2015: Poster presentation, Pseudo-Hermitian Hamiltonians in Quantum Physics , Palermo, Italy.
Winter term 2019/20
- Lecture on Measure Theory at Cardiff University.
Summer term 2018
Winter term 2017/18
Summer term 2017
- Reading course on the Spectral Theorem for compact, bounded and unbounded selfadjoint operators on Hilbert spaces at the University of Freiburg.
Summer term 2016
Winter term 2016/17
Publications and Preprints
- Patrick W. Dondl, Patrick Dorey, Frank Rösler; A Bound on the Pseudospectrum for a Class of Non-normal Schrödinger Operators. Appl Math Res Express 2016 1-26. doi: 10.1093/amrx/abw011
- Patrick Dondl, Kirill Cherednichenko, Frank Rösler; Norm-Resolvent Convergence in Perforated Domains. Asymptotic Analysis, vol. 110, no. 3-4, pp. 163-184, 2018
- Frank Rösler; Graph-like Domains with Dirichlet-Perforation. Preprint, arXiv:1802.00494
- Frank Rösler PhD Thesis: Norm-Resolvent Estimates and Perforated Domains, Durham University, 2018.
- Frank Rösler; On The Solvability Complexity Index for Unbounded Selfadjoint and Schrödinger Operators. Integral Equations and Operator Theory, (2019) 91: 54. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00020-019-2555-x.