I am currently a Research Associate in Cardiff University. My research is supported by the EPSRC grant QUEST: Quantitative Estimates in Spectral Theory and Their Complexity (see https://cardiffquest.wordpress.com/ ).
I am generally interested in the spectral theory of non-selfadjoint operators. And the approximation of spectra. Past projects involved pseudospectra of non-normal Schrödinger Operators and more general resolvent norm estimates of partial Differential operators. For more information, see my personal website.
I am delighted about my recent Marie Skłodowska Curie success for the project “Computational Complexity in Quantum Mechanics” (COCONUT): https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/view/1762984-marie-skodowska-curie-fellowship
Education and Degrees
- 2018-present: Research Associate, School of Mathematics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
- 2014-2018: PhD Mathematics, Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Durham University, Durham, UK.
Topic: Spectral Theory of non-selfadjoint Schrödinger Operators and Homogenisation of PDEs in perforated domains.
- 2011-2014: MSc Physics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
Thesis, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Heidelberg, Germany.
Topic: Surface Operators in Chern-Simons Theory
- 2008–2011: BSc Physics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
Thesis, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Heidelberg, Germany. Topic: Distributions and Wave-Front Set
- Oct. 2019: Seminar Talk, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.
- Jun. 2019: Oral Presentation, Meeting of the GAMM activity group "Applied Operator Theory"
- Nov. 2018: Seminar Talk, Imperial College London, UK.
- Nov. 2018: Seminar Talk, Cambridge University, UK.
- Jun. 2018: Seminar Talk, TU Dresden, Germany.
- Mar. 2018: Oral presentation, GAMM annual meeting, Munich, Germany.
- Jan. 2018: Seminar Talk, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
- Nov. 2017: Seminar Talk, University of Bath, UK.
- Sep. 2017: Oral presentation, ASPECT17, Trier, Germany.
- Aug. 2017: Poster presentation, Modern Trends in Structure Forming Systems, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jun. 2017: Oral presentation, Mathematical aspects of the physics with non-self-adjoint operators, Marseille, France.
- Jun. 2016:Poster presentation, 4th Scottish Partial Differential Equations Colloquium, Dundee, UK.
- Oct. 2015: Seminar Talk, University of Nottingham, UK.
- Oct. 2015: Oral presentation, Young Researchers Workshop on Spectral Theory, Bern, Switzerland.
- May, 2015: Poster presentation, Pseudo-Hermitian Hamiltonians in Quantum Physics , Palermo, Italy.
Winter term 2019/20
- Lecture on Measure Theory at Cardiff University.
Summer term 2018
Winter term 2017/18
Summer term 2017
- Reading course on the Spectral Theorem for compact, bounded and unbounded selfadjoint operators on Hilbert spaces at the University of Freiburg.
Summer term 2016
Winter term 2016/17
Publications and Preprints
- Jonathan Ben-Artzi, Marco Marletta, Frank Rösler; Computing Scattering Resonances. Preprint, arXiv:2006.03368
- Frank Rösler; On The Solvability Complexity Index for Unbounded Selfadjoint and Schrödinger Operators. Integral Equations and Operator Theory, (2019) 91: 54. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00020-019-2555-x.
- Frank Rösler PhD Thesis: Norm-Resolvent Estimates and Perforated Domains, Durham University, 2018.
- Frank Rösler; Graph-like Domains with Dirichlet-Perforation. Preprint, arXiv:1802.00494
- Patrick Dondl, Kirill Cherednichenko, Frank Rösler; Norm-Resolvent Convergence in Perforated Domains. Asymptotic Analysis, vol. 110, no. 3-4, pp. 163-184, 2018
- Patrick W. Dondl, Patrick Dorey, Frank Rösler; A Bound on the Pseudospectrum for a Class of Non-normal Schrödinger Operators. Appl Math Res Express 2016 1-26. doi: 10.1093/amrx/abw011