Dr Ausama Abou Atwan
Honours and awards
- Nov 2013: Specialty Certificate Examination (SCE) – Dermatology, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Feb 2008: MSc in Clinical Dermatology, Cardiff University, School of Medicine, UK.
- Oct 2008: Diploma in Dermatology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG). Glasgow, UK.
- June 2007: Diploma in Clinical Dermatology (DCD), Cardiff University, School of Medicine, UK.
- Sept 2003: MBBS, University of Aden, Yemen.
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Educators (FAcadMEd)
- Member of the British Association of Dermatologists(BAD), British Society for Dermatological Surgery (BSDS) and International Dermoscopy Society (IDS).
- Academic Lead of the MSc in Practical Dermatology (MScPD) programme, Online Dermoscopy course and postgraduate alumni Dermatology society.
- Chair of the Dermatology Continuing Professional Development Society (DCPDS)
- Academic mentor and Personal tutor (undergraduate and postgraduate students)
- Lecturer and MSc supervisor
- Examiner for Diploma and MSc in Clinical and Practical Dermatology
- Medical undergraduate admissions interview panel member
- First author of a Cochrane Systematic Review (toward MD degree)
- Principal investigator in psoriasis research projects (toward MD degree)
- Co-investigator in several national and international clinical trials
- Referee for the British Skin Foundation large grant applications