Centre Manager, CASCADE
- +44 (0)29 20 874997
- sbarc|spark, Maindy Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4HQ
I am an experienced senior general manager with over 20 years’ experience, within private, public and third sectors in various leadership, operational, HR, finance, business, project management, senior administrative, office and research centre management positions.
I have held a number of roles at Cardiff University including managing the effective operational running of the BLS College Head Office, providing support to the College Registrar and Pro Vice–Chancellor and successful management of several research institutes including the flagship University Research Institute –Sustainable Places, Medicines Discovery Institute and my current role as Centre Manager for CASCADE. This role includes a particular focus on leading the professional services team, working with the Directors to effectively plan delivery of the HCRW infrastructure fund as well as general research centre running.
- Centre Manager, Cardiff University, CASCADE (2020 – Current)
- Institute Manager, Cardiff University, Medicines Discovery Institute (2018 – 2020)
- Institute Manager, Cardiff University, Sustainable Places URI (2016 – 2018)
- Office Manager, Cardiff University, BLS College Office (2014 – 2016)
- Office Manager, Lee Wakemans Ltd (2013 – 2014)
- Partnership Officer & CAB4Cardiff Coordinator, Citizens Advice (2011 – 2013)
- Fee & Office Manager, Hoare Lea & Partners (2004 – 2011)
- Executive Assistant to CFO, GE Capital (2001 – 2004)
- Branch Manager, Virgin (2002 – 2004)
- Office Manager, Caulfield Cavells Accountancy Practice (2000 – 2001)
Education and Qualifications:
Bath Spa University - B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology with Health Studies: Classification [2:1]
Continued Professional Development:
ISEB Business Analysis Essentials, Prince 2 (Practitioner), Fundamentals of Project Management, Institute of Leadership Management: Level 5. ILM Team Leadership Level 3, Recruitment & Selection. Fee Planning. WJEC Welsh (Entry Level).