As School Manager I am responsible for the School's professional services teams, ensuring that the School's academic community, students and stakeholders are supported to help maximise the overall performance of the School.
I work with the Head of School and Senior Management Team to develop the School's financial plans and strategies and to represent the School within the College and University. I work with the College Registrar and team, actively contributing to the implementation of initiatives and the continuous improvement of support services.
I'm also responsible to the Senior Management Team for the School's governance structure; the buildings we study and work in; health and safety; Student Services and HR support.
I joined Cardiff University in January 2015 as the School Manager in the School of Social Sciences. I am the head of the professional services in the School and a member of the Senior Management Team.
I have a long association with the University of Liverpool having studied for a BSc in Genetics from 1998-2002 and I returned to work there in 2006 just as plans were starting to emerge to move from a 6 Faculty structure to a 3 Faculty structure with departments and Schools being reorganised into larger schools. Once the structure was in place in 2010 I was appointed to one of the new School Manager roles in the School of Histories, Languages and Cultures.
I spent much of my childhood travelling, living in Nigeria, Cameroon, the UK and Ireland and studying at 8 different schools. In 2013 I embarked on a new adventure with Newcastle University working at their subsidiary company based at Ngee Ann and Nanyang Polytechnics.
- Chief Operating Officer of Newcastle University International Singapore, a subsidiary company of the University of Newcastle 2013-2015
- School Manager at the School of Histories, Languages and Cultures at University of Liverpool 2010-2013
- Faculty Administrator at University of Liverpool 2006-2010
- Recruitment Account Manager at Reed in Partnership (supporting long term unemployed people to get back into work)
- Account Co-ordinator at Barkers Proof Positive (recruitment advertising, predominently working with Charities)
- Executive Officer, Immigration and Nationality Directorate, The Home Office (Working on the Application Registration Card project and data management/cleansing)
Qualifications and Training:
- BSC Genetics (2002)
- Prosci Certirifed Change Manager Certification (2017)
- Institute of Leadersip and Management Leadership Deveopment Programme (bespoke for University of Liverpool) (2011)
- Leadership Lifestyle (2016 and 2017) (bespoke for Cardiff Univeristy)
Member of the Association of University Administrators (AUA)
Committees and reviewing
- SOCSI School Management Team
- AHSS College Operations Board
- SOCSI Advisory Group (ex officio)
- SOCSI Teaching and Learning Committee