Research student, School of Geography and Planning
- Room -1.06, Glamorgan Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3WA
- MA International Development and Planning, University of Sheffield (2016)
- BA Urban Studies, University of Sheffield (2014)
- International Researcher, Magazine Urban China (2016 – present)
- (Overseas) Internship, China Development Research Centre of the State Council (2016 – present)
- 16th - 18th June 2017 Harbin, China.
Conference Name: The 11th International Association for China Planning (IACP) Conference (Activating Space: Returning to Human-Centered Urban Planning and Design)
Paper Presentation: Possibilities and Limitations of Chinese Collaborative Planning Practices: Case Study of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei (BTH) Regional Integrated Development, China.
- 9th - 12th July 2018 Glasgow, UK.
Conference Name: The 2018 International Conference on China Urban Development (Urban Transformation and 'New-Style' Urbanisation in China)
Paper Presentation: Possibilities and Limitations of Chinese Eco-City Development: Case Study of Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City, China.
- 3rd - 5th September 2018 Sheffield, UK.
Conference Name: UK and Ireland Planning Research Conference (UKPRC 2018)
Paper Presentation: Rething Chinese Eco-City Development: Case Study of Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City, China.
- 2nd - 4th September 2019 Liverpool, UK.
Conference Name: UK and Ireland Planning Research Conference (UKPRC 2019)
Paper Presentation: Rething Chinese Eco-City Development: People's Needs and Behaviours Matter.
- 17th - 18th October 2020 Xi'an, China.
Conference Name: 14th International Conference on Environment-Behaviour Studies (EBRA 2020)
Poster Presentation: Possibities of Chinese Eco-City Development: People's Needs and Behaviours Matter.
- Conference Proceedings (14th International Conference on Environment-Behaviour Studie): Possibities of Chinese People-Centred Eco-City Development: People's Needs and Behaviours Matter.
- Volunteer, Planning Aid (England), 2014
- Young Planner, UK Yorkshire, 2014
- Excellent Volunteer of 2020 Internatioanl Human Settments and Future Cities Conference and YUANYE Summit Forum
My research interest revolves around Chinese urban development, especially social, economic and environmental consequences of such rapid urbanization processes. And my research interest focuses on interdisciplinary aspect, aiming to link both psychology and architecture to urban design field.
- Public Participation
- Collaborative Planning
- Environment-Behaviours Studies
- Humansitic Planning Approach
Possibilities and Limitations of Chinese Eco-City Development: Case Study of Sino-Singapore Eco-City, Tianjin
It is obvious China has devoted significant political will and economic resources to the development of newly-built eco-city planning projects, reflecting the government’s goal to build a ‘human-oriented eco-city’ in which environmental sustainability and social stability are mutually reinforcing. By analysing the case study of Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City (SSTEC), this research intends to explore in what ways and to what extent eco-city planning practice allows for the environmental-behavioural planning theory. It aims to argue that Chinese eco-city planning should be deemed as one of the humanistic planning approaches, and its primary goal is to build sustainable and liveable habitat for people by taking their daily needs and behaviours into account. To achieve this goal, considering the interactive relationship between places and people during design process is an innovative way to improve Chinese eco-city’s spatial quality.