I am a final year Doctoral Student in the Marketing and Strategy Department at Cardiff Business School. My doctoral research looks at exploring the impact of big data technologies (e.g. smart meters) on organisational outcomes using an affordance actualisation lens.
- 2016 - MSc in Social Science Research Methods (SSRM), Cardiff University
- 2013 - Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Cardiff University
- Big data technologies & smart technologies
- IT-enabled organizational innovation and change
- BST 2535 Buyer Behaviour (Undergraduate), Lead Tutor
- BST 513 Marketing (MBA), Lead Tutor
- BST 523 Marketing Management (MBA), Lead Tutor
- BST192 Entrepreneurial Marketing (MSc), Teaching Assistant
Exploring the impact of big data technologies on organisational outcomes using an affordance actualisation lens
Big data technologies (e.g. smart meters; smartphones, smart watches) are advanced technologies that enable data to be collected in real time at large volume and at low cost. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the insights derived from big data have the potential to transform business strategies and business models and thereby improve marketing, product and service development, human resources (HR), operations, and other core business functions. Much of the previous research have neglected the role of the rich and convoluted user experiences in understanding the relationship between users and new information technologies. Since 2012, the concept of affordance has become the predominant way to theorize about IT-associated organizational change by leading researchers in the field of information systems. Against this backdrop, my PhD research aims to explore the notions of affordances and affordances actualization using the timely and relevant ‘smart meter revolution’ as the focal big-data technology. Using qualitative research methods, I explore the notions of affordances and affordances actualization in the context of smart meters in the energy sector in the United Kingdom.
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)