Research student, History and Welsh History, School of History, Archaeology and Religion
- 2011 - 2014 Cardiff University, MA History (pending)
- 2008 - 2011 Cardiff University, BA History
- 2014 Co-wrote a report; Transnational Responses to Child Sexual Abuse since 1880: Britain and the Wider World Workshop, Solon Online Journal (Crime, Law & History), Vol. 4, Issue 1, (June, 2014).
- 2009 Coursework for ASDAN Award published in a Religious Education Guidance Booklet for 14 to 19 year olds.
- 2014 - 2015: Student Demonstrator for Making of the Modern World.
- 2012 - Present: Helped manage and run several open days/events with the most recent being; Transnational Responses to Child Sexual Abuse since 1880: Britain and the Wider World Workshop (12 April 2014).
Areas of interest
British Military both at home and abroad.
The ordinary and everyday worldview of the British soldier in India: 1757 -1947.
I am interested in studying British imperialism by looking at Britain's social and cultural relationship with India. In framing my topic, I am most interested in the period from the battle of Plassey (1757) up to India Independence (1947). Exploring the military presence in India is a particularly insightful way of studying this relationship, due to the decisions of ordinary soldiers taking on political connotations in the empire, which were frequently publicised and debated. What informed the decisions of soldiers is crying out for attention according to historians writing on the period and I hope to fill this gap.
Start date: 1 October 2014
School of History, Arcahaeology and Religion, Cardiff University.