Town Hall meetings
19 December 2012
The Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise, together with the Research Deans will be hosting two Town Hall meetings in January 2013. The purpose of these meetings is to present the structures, mechanisms and initiatives that are in place for supporting Research, Innovation and Enterprise.
The meetings will:
- provide an introduction to the Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise,the four Research Deans and their portfolios;
- discuss activities and initiatives to support Research, Innovation and Enterprise;
- discuss funding for Research and Innovation.
The meetings have been scheduled for the following times on Thursday 10th January 2013:
- 9am-12pm in the Large Shandon Lecture Theatre, Main Building.
- 2pm-5pm in Lecture Theatre 3, Main Hospital.
This event is open to all staff with an interest in research – all are welcome. Anyone wishing to attend should confirm their preferred session by email to email@example.com.
This meeting is part of a series of research related events taking place in January and early February open to all staff with an interest in research. The other Town Hall meetings are:
- Open Access publishing and accessible source data:
8 January (2pm, Julian Hodge Lecture Theatre, Cathays)
11 January (2pm, Lecture theatre 4, Main Hospital Building,).
Senior staff from Information Services and RACDV will provide an update on the developments in Open Access publishing, and how the University is addressing them, and on the management and preservation of research data and information. Both sessions will last for up to 2 hours. A booking system will be set up shortly.
- REF Information Meetings:
31 January (9-10:30am, Michael Griffiths Lecture Theatre, Heath)
1 February (2-3.30pm ,CLAWS lecture Theatre, Cathays)
The chair of the REF Sub-group, Professor Chris McGuigan and the Chair of the REF Equality and Diversity Group, Professor Terry Threadgold will host these meetings, focussing specifically on Equality and Diversity in the REF and providing an update on institutional REF preparations. Those who wish to attend either of these meetings are asked to confirm their preferred date by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.