Summer research placements available
27 April 2018
Sustainable Places is delighted to be able to offer six Cardiff University undergraduate students the opportunity to undertake a paid summer placement at the Institute.
The students will be supporting the work of our Research Associates and Research Fellows as part of the Cardiff University CUROP (Cardiff University Research Opportunities Placement) scheme.
The CUROP programme provides summer placements for Cardiff University undergraduates in the University research environment, working with supervision on staff-defined research projects.
The placements available are:
- SeagrassSpotter: analysis of a global-scale seagrass monitoring application, supervised by Dr Leanne Cullen-Unsworth
- Investigating socioeconomic and ecological implications of the Carmarthen Bay Ferry, supervised by Dr Leanne Cullen-Unsworth
- If a tree falls… Understanding community responses to forest disease and removal, supervised by Dr Hannah Pitt
- A place for human health and social inclusion in a National Park?: A programme evaluation, supervised by Dr Sara Macbride-Stewart
- Impact of sustainability standards on environmental and human well-being, supervised by Dr Angelina Sanderson-Bellamy
- Building a sustainable and fair city through food: the case of Cardiff, supervised by Dr Ana Moragues-Faus
CUROP projects provide unique opportunities for students to sample live research, enhance their academic skills and make a more informed decision on furthering their research at postgraduate level.
For researchers, CUROP scholars can contribute significantly to the initiation and progression of research projects and provide valuable additional staffing during the summer.
At the end of the summer, all CUROP students across the University will come together for a day to exhibit posters of their research, sharing their experiences and disseminating their research findings to the university audience.