Coach collection service
We offer a free coach collection service for new and returning international and EU students joining us for the 2020/21 academic year.
This year coach collection will be collecting from London Heathrow Airport, Bristol Airport and Cardiff Airport on these dates:
- Wednesday 23 September 2020
- Wednesday 14 October 2020
- Wednesday 21 October 2020
- Wednesday 4 November 2020
The coach service will also be meeting students arriving on the scheduled Hainan flights from China arriving at Manchester airport in September and October.
The Manchester service is scheduled to meet the 05:30 arrival flight with Hainan passengers only.
If you are arriving into Manchester on other flights you will need to book your own transport:
Bookings will go live from 17:00 (GMT) Friday 18 September.
To use the coach collection service you must book a seat in advance of your arrival. Please note that bookings will close two days before the day of travel.
Luggage is restricted to two large suitcases/rucksacks and one piece of hand luggage.
You can only make one booking per person, if you are travelling with your spouse or children please email email@example.com
We're working hard to offer a safe and enjoyable experience for new and returning students when we welcome you to campus. For more information head to a safe campus experience.
Safety steps in place during the transfer include:
- The coaches will be at 50% occupancy.
- All passengers will be socially distanced on the coach, only window seats occupied.
- All passengers will be temperature checked before boarding the coach. Should a passenger have an elevated temperature they will be given 10 minutes to cool down, in case it is from running across terminals. If upon rechecking the temperature it is still higher than 38°C, they will not be able to board the coach. These passengers will be transferred separately from any other students.
- All passengers will be required to clean their hands with hand sanitiser before boarding the coach.
- All passengers must wear a 3 layer face covering throughout the journey, from boarding to disembarking.
- Passengers are not allowed to move from their seat, i.e. walk around the coach, apart from when boarding and disembarking.
For the latest travel advice, please head to gov.uk.
The first coach will leave Heathrow Airport at 08:00 and the last at 14:00.
Please plan your journey to ensure you have enough travel time between arriving at the airport and getting on the coach, we advise that you give yourself two hours to do this. For example, if your flight is scheduled to arrive at 08:45, you should book the 11:00 coach.
The collection point for Heathrow Airport will be announced closer to the time of collection.
We provide a smaller collection service for international and EU students from Cardiff Airport to the University on coach collection days.
Two coaches will leave the airport a day, at 11:00 and at 14:00.
Please plan your journey to ensure you have enough time between arriving at the airport and getting on the coach, we advise that you give yourself two hours to do this. For example, if your flight is scheduled to arrive at 08:45, you should book the 11:00 coach.
The collection point for Bristol Airport will be announced closer to the time of collection.
Two coaches will leave the airport a day, at 11:00 and at 14:00. Please plan your journey to ensure you have enough time between arriving at the airport and getting on the coach, we advise that you give yourself two hours to do this. For example, if your flight is scheduled to arrive at 08:45am, you should book the 11:00 coach.
Bringing your family
You can bring your spouse and children on coach collection for free but you will have to contact the University directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current travel restrictions and increased demand of the service, we cannot accommodate parents or any other family members on the coach collection service. Therefore it is advisable that these family members plan to make their own way to Cardiff.
Please also be aware that they won't be able to stay in your accommodation with you and should book a hotel.
If you have any questions about the coach collection service, please email:
Coach collection service
Please ensure you include your student number and use the subject title: Coach Collection 2020.