GW4 Clinical Academic Training Programme (GW4-CAT)
The Wellcome Trust-funded GW4-CAT gives exceptional early career medical, veterinary and dental graduates the chance to undertake interdisciplinary PhD training at the Universities of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.
GW4-CAT is a three-year (full-time) PhD programme, which provides exceptional support, training and guidance from world-leading academics and research environments.
- Generous funding for three years (full-time), which will include a clinical salary, tuition fees, an appropriate consumables and animals (if required) budget, and £5000 for training and travel. For more information, see our ‘Funding’ page
- Access to world-leading research groups and facilities
- Dedicated support from a member of the Board of Directors and to help you put together a project proposal, which best utilises the advantages of working within the GW4 alliance
- A clinical mentorship scheme, which will assist you with a smooth transition from academic to clinical work
- An extensive range of training opportunities, both specific cohort training organised by GW4-CAT and access to training across the GW4-CAT institutions
- A well-developed cohort with ties across three institutions
- Some flexibility as to PhD start-dates and working-patterns. Your personal circumstances and preferences will always be carefully considered
- An exclusive administrative team
The call for applications for a 2021 start is now open until 12:00 (noon), 6 March 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Bristol on 12 May 2020.
All general enquiries should be addressed to the GW4-CAT Programme Manager, Dr Jayne Bailey: