Paragon Banking Group
If you are currently studying for your degree in either mathematics, accountancy, business studies or similar and are looking for a 12 month placement opportunity, we want to hear from you.
Purpose of the role
Our placement position is a great way to gain invaluable practical experience that will help you develop new skills and boost your employability through a wide range of tasks within the Finance department. You will be assisting other members of the team in the execution of the long and short term finance projects, getting an insight into life working for a fast growing specialist business within the financial sector.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintenance of project plans and documentation
- Assisting senior employees and external parties on a variety of duties
- Preparatory work and implementation for accounting changes and reporting developments
- Support for Group year-end reporting process
- Participation in reviewing key financial models
- Participation in Group projects on behalf of Group Finance
- Development of reports and spreadsheets for users across the Group
- Strong IT skills, particularly with spreadsheets
- An inquisitive mind and the confidence to ask questions to develop knowledge and understanding
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to analyse data
- The ability to communicate with the team effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Organisation skills, particularly being able to prioritise work effectively
Qualifications and experience
Currently undertaking undergraduate studies in mathematics, accountancy, business studies or similar. Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, however a Grade C or above A-level in Mathematics would be preferred.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch).
Relevant training will be provided.
As one of the UK’s leading specialist lenders, award-winning Paragon Banking Group is a fast-growing, forward-thinking company offering an extensive range of finance services from mortgages to loans and savings.
It is a FTSE 250 listed company that has gone from strength to strength since its creation in 1985, handling over 1.5 million customer accounts and with over £12 billion of assets under management.
In fact, Paragon has already attracted recognition for its tailored financial products for both consumers and businesses nationwide.