CITER Research Workshop 2019 Digital Technology Rehabilitation Workshop
External delegates will need to email citer to access the event.Book places
Add to calendar
This workshop brings together communities from researchers, technologists, and clinicians to encourage presentation and discussion of ongoing work in this field.
Digital technology applications in rehabilitation have become increasingly popular for addressing clinical problems. This is a fantastic opportunity for the specialists in the field to meet and discuss the benefits and drawbacks that digital technology may bring to the rehabilitation field, and to suggest research topics that should be tackled in the near future.
The aim of this workshop is to foster knowledge and experience exchange on how various technologies can uptake rehabilitation and patients’ quality of life.
The main objectives of this workshop are:
- To share knowledge on overcoming challenges and barriers to development of digital technology applications related to rehabilitation.
- To gain insights into the latest digital technology developments, opinions and its current place in rehabilitation.
- To provide opportunity for networking with colleagues and presenters and contribute to wider thinking on the future role of digital technology in rehabilitation.
- To learn from current users of the digital technology to inform the development of plans for establishing a cross-disciplinary research related to rehabilitation.
- Emer Doheny, University College Dublin
- Professor Lynne Baillie, Heriot-Wat University, Edinburgh
**ATTENTION Post Doctorate Research Associates/PhD students:
During the workshop there will be a one hour PechaKucha Style Research Presentation session targeted at PhD students and Postdoctoral Research Associates.
Within each talk 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 mins and 40 secs in total). If you are interested in presenting, please note the deadline to contact firstname.lastname@example.org is 10. March 2019.
The NEW CITER outreach activity: "Virtual Rehabilitation Games" will be demonstrated during the lunch break.
- Entry is free of charge to CITER members.
- £30 fee for external CITER members.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Delegates are encouraged to present posters.
Please ensure you register your place and bring the ticket confirmation with you on the day.
The workshop is sponsored by: