From declarations to action: partnership working on the climate emergency
This event has ended.
Add to calendar
This online discussion brings together panellists from Cardiff University, Cardiff Council and Welsh Government to explore the progress made by each since their declarations of a climate emergency in late 2019.
Questions under consideration include
- Has progress been sufficient?
- How has progress been shaped by the challenges and opportunities of COVID-19?
- How do we achieve a step-change to supercharge Wales’ climate action?
- How should large organisations work more collaboratively?
- What research needs to happen to guide and inform these efforts?
As well as hearing from leading voices representing three key stakeholders, the session will also encourage an online audience to offer their views and constructively challenge progress to date. This event is part of Wales Climate Week 2021.
Chair: Professor Lorraine Whitmarsh, Director - Centre for Climate Change & Social Transformations (CAST), University of Bath
Julie James MS, Minister for Climate Change, Welsh Government
Councillor Huw Thomas, Leader of Cardiff Council
Professor Mike Bruford, Dean for Environmental Sustainability, Cardiff University
Register and watch the event through the COP Cymru 21 platform