Wales in a Post-Brexit world
This event has ended.
Add to calendar
The Welsh Centre for International Affairs and Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre are pleased to announce speakers for our joint event, ‘Wales in a Post-Brexit World’.
With potentially two days to go until EU withdrawal, we will look beyond March 29 at Wales’ role in the world beyond Brexit. How do other sub-state nations and regions conduct international relations? What can Wales learn from others? How should this shape Wales’ international approach in the future?
We will hear from an academic panel Chaired by Susie Ventris-Williams (WCIA) and featuring:
- Dr Christopher Huggins, University of Suffolk
- Dr Rachel Minto, Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre
- Professor Kevin Morgan, Cardiff University
- Dr Elin Royles, Aberystwyth University
We will also hear remarks from:
- Sir Emyr Jones-Parry, the former UK Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- Eluned Morgan, Minister for International Relations and the Welsh Language, Welsh Government
This discussion event will be ideal for students, researchers and interested members of the general public, and will contribute to the debate about Wales’ future in the world as we approach the current date for Brexit. We will hear from academic speakers who will look at the options for Wales to engage with the world, and how the Brexit process will present challenges and opportunities for our future international relations.
After hearing from academics and practitioners the audience will be welcome to join us for a drinks reception afterwards to continue the conversation.
Temple of Peace
King Edward VII Ave