An ability to speak Welsh will be very useful during your course and throughout your career in dentistry and healthcare in Wales. Bilingual skills are important to provide the best possible care to patients across Wales.
We are committed to enhancing opportunities for students to use their Welsh language. Whether you are a Welsh speaker or keen to learn, there are many opportunities available to support your Welsh language skills, including:
- a Welsh-speaking personal tutor as part of your pastoral care
- opportunities to write assignments or take written examinations in Welsh if you wish
- access to opportunities offered by the Cardiff Branch of Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol to use and develop your Welsh
- social and sports clubs for Welsh speaking students
- Welsh for All language courses to learn / develop your Welsh
- an opportunity to share accommodation with other Welsh speakers
- part-time job opportunities for Welsh-speaking students.
Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
Our Cardiff Branch of Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol is responsible for developing Welsh medium education in the University. With support on offer from our branch of the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol you can:
- find scholarships up to £3000
- become a Coleg Cymraeg Ambassador
- study for the Coleg's Welsh Language Skills Certificate
- find work experience opportunities.
Welsh for all
We believe you should have the opportunity to learn new languages whilst you study with us. Our Welsh for All programme offers weekly and intensive courses.
Get in touch
If you'd like to talk to someone about studying Dentistry or Dental Therapy and Hygiene and the Welsh language please get in touch with our Welsh Provision Manager: