The Data Science Academy’s (DSA) External Advisory Board provides advice and guidance on our strategic direction to shape the development and delivery of the initiative.
Role of the Board
The board’s role is to:
- advise on and support the development the DSA brand.
- advise on the development of external engagement.
- advise on the curriculum to support the employability of graduates.
Members of the DSA external advisory board will also champion and promote Cardiff University’s Data Science Academy with key external stakeholders (including potential funders) and aid mutually beneficial relationships with other leading organisations.
We both seek and welcome organisations from a variety of backgrounds to support the DSA through membership of the external advisory board.
We are actively looking for members from the following industries:
- all areas of data, including: data science, statistics, modelling, analytics, processing, research,
- artificial intelligence (AI); including: natural language processing (NLP), visual computing, machine learning, automation,
- cyber security, including: malware analysis, cyber and network forensics, system security, security risk management, cyber analysis.
If you work in one of the above specialisms, and would like to become a member of our external advisory board, please contact DSA@cardiff.ac.uk to discuss further.
Organisations who currently have members on the Board, include:
- Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- Welsh Revenue Authority
- NHS Wales Informatics Service (WIS)
- Tramshed Tech
- British Telecom (BT)
- Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Welsh Government.