Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Research Group
The group's aim is to review the agenda of research internationally and to construct new agenda.
This is done through the International Perspectives on Accounting (IPA) conference, occasional workshops, research projects, and by inviting emerging scholars to visit Cardiff and share their work.
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Research Group (IPARG) is committed to generating future scholars by linking PhD opportunities to the work of IPARG and encouraging Emerging Scholars Colloquium participants of the IPA conference to visit the School.
- Willmott, H. and Silkka, P. 2013. The tax avoidance industry: accountancy firms on the make. Critical Perspectives on International Business 9 (4), pp.415-443. (10.1108/cpoib-06-2013-0019)
- Ezzamel, M. and Xiao, J. Z. 2012. Accounting in transitional and emerging market economies. European Accounting Review 20 (4), pp.625-637. (10.1080/09638180.2011.629798)
- Dambrin, C. and Robson, K. 2011. Tracing performance in the pharmaceutical industry: ambivalence, opacity and the performativity of flawed measures. Accounting, Organizations and Society 36 (7), pp.428-455. (10.1016/j.aos.2011.07.006)
- Chen, J. , Ezzamel, M. and Cai, Z. 2011. Managerial power theory, tournament theory, and executive pay in China. Journal of Corporate Finance 17 (4), pp.1176-1199.
- Willmott, H. 2011. Journal list fetishism and the perversion of scholarship: reactivity and the ABS list. Organization 18 (4), pp.429-442. (10.1177/1350508411403532)
- Willmott, H. 2011. Listing Perilously [Letter]. Organization 18 (4), pp.447-448. (10.1177/1350508411403536)
- Al-Amoudi, I. and Willmott, H. 2011. Where constructionism and critical realism converge: interrogating the domain of epistemological relativism. Organization Studies 32 (1), pp.27-46. (10.1177/0170840610394293)
- Walker, S. P. 2011. Ethel Ayres Purdie: critical practitioner and suffragist. Critical Perspectives on Accounting 22 (1), pp.79-101. (10.1016/j.cpa.2010.09.001)
- Willmott, H. 2011. Making sense of the financial meltdown - an extended review of The Spectre at the Feast: Capitalist Crisis and the Politics of Recession: The Spectre at the Feast: Capitalist Crisis and the Politics of Recession, A. Gamble. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. 208 pp. 15.99. ISBN 9780230230750 [Book Review]. Organization 18 (2), pp.239-260. (10.1177/1350508410394155)
- Sikka, P. and Willmott, H. 2010. The dark side of transfer pricing: its role in tax avoidance and wealth retentiveness. Critical Perspectives On Accounting 21 (4), pp.342-356. (10.1016/j.cpa.2010.02.004)
- Willmott, H. 2010. "Institutional work" for what? Problems and prospects of institutional theory. Journal of Management Inquiry 20 (1), pp.67-72. (10.1177/1056492610387224)
- Ezzamel, M. , Robson, K. and Edwards, P. 2005. Institutions in transition: legitimisation and cognition in the educational field. Working paper. Cardiff: Cardiff University
Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- +44 (0)29 2087 6567
Cardiff Professorial Fellow
- +44 (0)29 2087 4277