Grŵp Hanes a Theori Bensaernïol
Mae gwaith y Grŵp Hanes a Theori Bensaernïol yn cwmpasu ystod eang o ddiddordebau, fel yr adlewyrchir yn ei brosiectau ymchwil, cyhoeddiadau, a gweithgareddau eraill.
The variety of members’ research is linked together through an interest in understanding the histories and theories of architecture including its practice, making and education within the situated realities of its cultures and contexts.
- Cultures of the City, Landscape and Environment
- Cultures, Histories and Ideas
- Visual Cultures
- Cultures of Practice and Pedagogy
- Cultural Heritage
- World Cultures
- AHRC funded project: Shelf-Life; Re-imagining the future of Carnegie Public Libraries
- An Architecture of Invitation: Colin St John Wilson
- Care for the City: Rethinking urbanism and ethics
- Correlating maintenance, energy efficiency and fuel poverty for traditional buildings in the UK
- Euro-Mediterranean Urban Voids Ecology (EMUVE)
- Evolving Cities
- Multimedia animation for ‘India: the Art of the Temple’ exhibition
- Northern Indian Temple Forms: Reconstructing lost origins
- Shree Kalyana Venkateshwara Temple near Bangalore
- Temples of Ashapuri
- Temples of Kashmir and the Western Himalayas
- The historic city of Ajmer-Pushkar
- Utzøn: Inspiration, Vision, Architecture
Senior Lecturer of Architecture and Urban Design
MA AD Course Director
- +44 (0)29 2087 0307
The Architectural History and Theory Group welcome enquiries from anyone interested in applying to study for an MPhil or PhD degree in areas relating to the interests and specialisms of its members.
More general information on postgraduate research study at the School can be found on our postgraduate research pages.