Dr Woon Sau Leung
Lecturer in Finance
Dr Woon Sau Leung, CFA, joined Cardiff University as a Lecturer in Finance at the Cardiff Business School in November 2013. He received his Integrated BBA degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong (2008) and MSc (2010) and PhD (2014) degrees from Cardiff Business School in the UK. His main research interests include banking and financial institutions, corporate finance, empirical asset pricing, corporate innovation, corporate social responsibility, mutual funds and financial regulations.
Teaching Assistant, 2012-13, Cardiff University, UK.
Ph.D. in Finance, 2014, Cardiff University.
PgDip in Social Science Research Methods (Distinction), 2011, Cardiff University.
MSc in Accounting and Finance (Distinction), 2010, Cardiff University.
IBBA, 2008, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
A-level, 2005, Diocesan Boys’ School, Hong Kong.
- Research Methods (Module leader), MSc Accounting and Finance, Cardiff Business School.
- Teaching SFQ score for 2015-16 is 8.9 out of 10; departmental average is 8.2; business school average is 8.1.
- Financial Derivatives (tutor), BSc, Cardiff Business School.
- Securities Analysis and Portfolio Management (Tutor), BSc.
- Business Finance (Tutor), BSc.
- Banking and financial institutions
- Corporate finance
- Corporate innovation
- Corporate social responsibility
- Empirical asset pricing
- Financial regulations
- Mutual funds