Darlithydd : Ffisiotherapi
- Neuromusculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Manual therapy
- Preventative intervention in the workplace i.e. the use of education
- Level 1 $acirc; Anatomy, physiotherapy skills, physiotherapy studies, mobility, strength, exercise.
- Level 2 $acirc; Musculoskeletal - pathology, assessment and treatment techniques / manual skills, clinical reasoning.
- Level 3 $acirc; Progression of al level 2 and project supervision.
My job includes:
- Part-time clinical caseload continued in the out patient department at the University Hospital of Wales.
- Working with general musculoskeletal out patients, although main area of expertise is spinal physio.
- Running one or two-week intensive treatment courses for rheumatology patients. These programmes combine education with hydrotherapy and land-based exercise.
- Mentoring and providing IST for junior physiotherapists.
- Level 1 Anatomy, physiotherapy skills, physiotherapy studies, mobility, strength, exercise.
- Level 2 Musculoskeletal - pathology, assessment and treatment techniques / manual skills, clinical reasoning.
- Level 3 Progression of all level 2 and project supervision.
Research with BSc students
- EMG activity of Scapula stabilisers.
- Activity of VMO/VL post fatigue.
- The effects of knee/ankle supports on stability around the joint $acirc; using force platform.
- The neurophysiological effects of manual therapy to the cervical spine on asymptomatic subjects.
- The role of education on fear avoidance beliefs and pain levels in chronic low back pain patients.