- Interested in all aspects of medical ultrasound use in diagnosis. With particular interest in training of practitioners, sonographer reporting and improving the service to patients.
- Also interested in the wider role of ultrasound to inform and educate undergraduate students from any discipline.
- Diagnostic radiographer for six years before qualification in medical ultrasound.
- Sonographer for ten years, partly in conjunction with teaching radiographers who wished to qualify in ultrasound.
- Course leader of the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Ultrasound for six years.
- Lecturer in Radiography.
- Ultrasound education.
- How students learn anatomy and physiology.
- Ultrasound use by veterinarians.
- Teaching and practice of SCUBA diving.
- Ecology, particularly of the seas and seashore.
- Animal welfare.