James works as Technical Demonstrator for the School of Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies, tutoring students in the use of specialist systems used in journalism and media.
Working closely with lecturers to help students develop the skills and knowledge for Broadcast TV and Radio, Documentary, Newspaper and Magazine courses, through practical classroom teaching and workshop support.
James studied BSc Music Technology with Management and MSc Music Technology at Staffordshire University.
James has worked as a sound engineer in a professional capacity in a range of environments, from live sound, recording and post production.
Prior to joining Cardiff University, James worked within a project focusing on employability and training in isolated areas of South East Wales, creating promotional videos, print and digital marketing material, and managing social media networks.
His interests include audio production, video production, photography, design and publication, e-learning and classroom technology.
Education and Qualifications
- 2015 - Present: Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching & Learning
- 2015: Avid User Certification - Avid Media Composer 101 - 110
- 2013: MSc Music Technology, Staffordshire University
- 2009: BSc Music Technology with Management, Staffordshire University
- 2014 - Present: Cardiff University School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
- 2013 - 2014: IT Support Assistant, QWEST, University of South Wales
MA Journalism & MA Internation Journalism Courses
I teach technical skills to journalism students across these courses and support them in the use of specialist software and equipment, and application of technical skills and knowledge.