Sumanth Kumar Dayashankar
Condensed Matter and Photonics
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- N/3.32, Adeiladau'r Frenhines - Adeilad y Gogledd, 5 The Parade, Heol Casnewydd, Caerdydd, CF24 3AA
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Condensed Matter and Photonics group, School of Physics and Astronomy. My current project focus on coherence and coupling of semiconductor quantum dots (QDs) for possible solid-state implementations in the emerging field of quantum information processing. This project is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
Prior to this position, I worked on Hydrothermal colloidal quantum dots synthesis, specially focussing on CdTe QDs to study its photocurrent response through size control for the fabrication of CdTe quantum dot sensitized solar cells.
I hail from Karnataka, a southern state in India. I received my Master in Electronic science from Bangalore University in 2012, and my PhD in Electronic Science with the thesis titled “Studies on photocurrent response through size control of CdTe quantum dots for the fabrication of CdTe quantum dot sensitized solar cells” under the guidance of Prof. H M Mahesh from Bangalore University, India in 2018. From April 2019, I am working as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Condensed Matter and Photonics group, School of Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University.
My research expertise includes:
- Development of Single Injection Hydrothermal (SIH) method to synthesize high quality 3-MPA stabilized aqueous CdTe quantum dots.
- Fabrication of metal, semiconductor and quantum dot thin films viz., CdTe, CdS, ZnTe, Sb2Te3, Al, Cu, ZnO, TiO2 using Thermal, e-beam and spin coating deposition methods.
- Fabrication and characterization of transparent conducting oxide- ITO by Ion- beam assisted deposition on rigid and flexible substrates.
- Synthesis of Polyaniline conducting polymer and polymer nanocomposites through chemical synthesis method, development of VOC sensors.
- Development of DSSC using dyes extracted from natural sources.