I am responsible to our Head of School for the effective and efficient delivery of professional services in the School, and professionally accountable to the College Registrar for the implementation of College/University initiatives and continuous improvement of support services. I lead the School’s professional services’ team and am responsible for all support functions within the School, ensuring academic colleagues and our external stakeholders receive the support they need to achieve our School’s strategic aims and those of the College and University.
My responsibilities include:
- Development of operational and strategic plans for the School, including providing high-level analysis and advice and the preparation of briefings, reports and related correspondence;
- With colleagues, the identification of areas of risk and related mitigation and response plans;
- Management, monitoring and continuous improvement of the School’s professional services, including support for curricula/student support and research administration, finance, HR, recruitment, marketing, communications, estates and IT;
- Leadership and development of the School’s professional services staff;
- Working with the School’s Finance Manager, undertaking financial modelling for strategic and operational planning purposes, including overseeing the annual expenditure budget preparation, student number modelling, preparing longer-term forecasts and scenario plans and developing income generation strategies and business plans for future growth with the Head of School, College Management Accountant, and other appropriate colleagues;
- Ensuring the School operates within its agreed budget and achieves value for money in all its activities; and working with the School’s Physical Resource, Health, Safety and Environment Manager, Technical Resources Manager and other senior staff to oversee the safe, efficient and appropriate use of the School’s accommodation and physical resources, including strategic planning for development and alteration.
I am also the School’s IT rights authority holder, which means I manage approvals for University IT/network access for any requests originating in our School.