I have been in Cardiff for nine years, primarily teaching Biblical Studies within the Department of Religious Studies in the School of History, Archaeology and Religion. I am the Programme Convener for Theology in SHARE, and Co-Principal of Cardiff Baptist College, a theological college community which trains students for ministry in the contemporary church.
I teach modules to do with the New Testament and Christian Origins. I have taught modules which covered the following:
- Introduction to the Bible
- Jesus and the Gospels
- Paul and his Letters
- Money, Sex and Power in the Early Church
- The Letter to the Romans
- The New Testament in Social Perspective
- New Testament Greek
I am currently teaching a module on the development of the understanding of Jesus as Christ in the New Testament, called 'From Jesus to the New Jerusalem'.
I am happy to supervise year 2 indepent studies, and year 3 dissertations in any of these areas.
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the areas of:
- New Testament Studies, particularly the Synoptic Gospels.
- The relationships between the social lives of the first Christians, both Jews and gentiles, and their developing faith.
- Approaches to the interpretation of the Bible.