Myfyriwr ymchwil, Ysgol Gwyddorau’r Ddaear a’r Môr
- 2.32, Y Prif Adeilad, Plas y Parc, Caerdydd, CF10 3AT
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
- M.Sc. Geology – University of the Free State (2011-2014)
- B.Sc. Hon. Geology - University of the Free State (2010)
- B.Sc. Geology – University of the Free State (2007-2009)
- Economic Geology
- Northern Bushveld complex
- olivine-rich cumulates
- platinum-group elements
My research is focused around the behaviour of platinum-group elements in high temperature-pressure magmatic systems, such as the Bushveld complex in South Africa. By studying platinum-group element mineralisation, trends and distribution, within the troctolite marker of the Northern Limb of the Bushveld complex,
I hope to deduce the formation conditions of the troctolite marker, possible platinum-group element enrichment mechanisms and whether the troctolite marker is analogue to lithologies found elsewhere in the Bushveld complex. The troctolite marker has been poorly studied and an in-depth study like this is the first to be undertaken on the unit.